Thursday, April 10, 2008

Injured Reserve

Greetings!  This is my first day as a blogger.   My valet (Mom) started the blog for me because I'm temporarily on injured reserve with a broken toe.   It's so boring to have to be quiet when I want to run and jump.   But the doctor says I must have no bouncing until the splint comes off.

We decided to start a blog because my cousins, Maggie and Bandit, have a blog and they like it.   I guess I'll like it, too, if I get to dictate whatever I want to write.   I think I'll write a treatise on the rights of canines.   Or maybe I will after I take a nap.    And chew on my Kong.

I hope you will write me with ideas for things I can do that don't involve running and jumping while I'm recovering from my injury.   (Please no suggestions that involve eating the cat, since Mom says that's not good manners.


5 comments:

Mehitabel said...

Xerxes is in fact the superior creature in every way except perhaps for spottiness and enthusiasm. Hugs to everybody!

MaggieandBandit said...

This is great! We can't wait to see how it goes as you get better. Be warned, keep an eye on your valet. We've found that our staff will edit our entries now and then. they say they can't help it -- granted, they are editors by trade.

Yay!

MaggieandBandit said...

From Ernie: Maggie & Bandit let me log in for minute to say something I felt strongly about.

Don't eat the cat. Xerxes may turn out to be your best friend. He can tell you things like where the big holes in the fence are, where your staffer may have dropped food on the floor and where they keep the big bag of treats.
He will also be able to jump up on that shelf and knock it down for you. (However, if he does that, only you can expect to be in trouble for eating what hits the ground.)

robbin said...

I still say you get a good game o' cards going and then catch up on your Oprah and you'll be off the bench before you know it!

MaggieandBandit said...

How's the injured one? We need an update!