Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Personal freedom

So, today I have been pondering the point at which personal freedom meets actions that get you into trouble.   Here's an example.   There I was, playing at the edge of my throw rug, when Xerxes decided to go and sit on the middle.    That presented me with a dilemma.   Should I grab the rug and pull it as hard as I could and really put Xerxes in his place?  (Especially since he was giving me the fish eye at the time.)   Or, should I refrain and chew on my bone?    I know what the staff would say.   That my freedom to do as I please ceases when I cause pain to others.   But how about pursuing fun?   What do you think?   Maybe I should get a pink wig and really go for personal freedom like Britney Spears?

For those of you who want an update on my injured reserve status, I'm in the splint for another two weeks.   And, the vet is making me wear a terrible thing on my head.   He calls it a bite collar.    Heck, all I did was eat the foam out of my splint.   You'd think I had committed a crime.   (Of course, that foam did make me a little sick yesterday.)  So, I have to wear the dread contraption for the rest of the time.    I do get a reprieve when I go to puppy kindergarten, which starts on Saturday.   I think that will be fun.

Anyhow, the staff has been pretty tired from racing me to the vet to get a new boring splint (though it is a cheerful green), and making me wear the dread contraption.   I think the valet could use a nap.   I think it's about time for me to grab a pot holder and try to race around the kitchen against the vet's orders to see what she'll do!

1 comment:

MaggieandBandit said...

Here's something fun to try: When you are getting a drink of water, spit some water into your bite collar and and them shake as hard as you can.
As tall as you are, you can probably throw water 6 feet or more. give it a shot!